“We Succeed by Connecting People from across the World to Improve their Lives, their Business
and their Future, through Innovation and Investment.”


The Skilled Worker Visa is open to individuals of all nationalities (except British and Irish) who have an offer of an eligible skilled job in the UK from a Home Office-approved sponsor. The route can lead to settlement and applicants can be joined by dependent partners and children.

In order to secure a Skilled Worker Visa, you will need to be sponsored to do a specific job, which meets certain skill and salary requirements, by an employer that has been licensed by the Home Office.

There are now no restrictions on shareholdings for Skilled Worker visa applicants, and so business owners can now more easily come under the Skilled Worker visa category.

This will be done by investing into an established and successful UK company. Minimum investment is £200,000 (We will only support a skilled worker applicant when an investment of £200,000 is made)

Requirements for a Skilled Worker Visa

In order to qualify for a Skilled Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • You are aged 18 or over;

  • You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the job you are planning to do;

  • Your job offer is a genuine vacancy;

  • Your sponsor has paid any required Immigration Skills Charge;

  • Your job is at an appropriate skill level;

  • You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);

  • You will be paid a salary which equals or exceeds both a general salary threshold and the ‘going rate’ for the occupation;

  • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;

  • You have provided a criminal record certificate, if required; and

  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if required.

Additional Requirements (FBS)

  • Equity investment of at least £200,000 for five years

Settlement as a Skilled Worker
  • In order to qualify for Settlement as a Skilled Worker, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • You have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK;

  • You have not been outside for more than 180 days during each year of the 5-year continuous period;

  • You have passed the Life in the UK test (unless aged 65 or over);

  • Your sponsor is still a Home Office approved sponsor;

  • Your sponsor still requires you to work for them for the foreseeable future;

  • You are being, and will be paid for the foreseeable future, at least the general salary threshold or the going rate requirement, whichever is higher.

Skilled Worker Visa Family members (dependents)

Skilled workers can bring their family members (partner and children) to the UK and can apply to settle in the UK after 5 years’ continuous lawful residence.


The skilled worker visa can be used as an excellent opportunity for the applicant to invest into growing UK companies, obtaining employment whilst offering an excellent opportunity for quality of family life.